THERAPIES & PROFESSIONAL CARE TEAM
At View Heights Convalescent Hospital quality care is ensured and provided to our clientele by our trained and specialized professionals known as the Inter-Disciplinary Treatment Team (IDT). The clinical staff at View Heights Convalescent Hospital employs a multi-disciplinary treatment approach. Customized individualized programs are available to meet the needs of each patient requiring mental health or dual diagnosis services.
During our client’s Care Plan Conference, the entire treatment team works closely together with the residents’ families, conservators, and any oversight agencies to formulate a comprehensive assessment and plan of intervention.
We are proud that our Special Treatment Program (STP) has been certified by the State Department of Mental Health for the provision of services for the chronically mentally ill and dually-diagnosed individuals.
The primary objectives of the Special Treatment Program include:
- Stabilization of medical, behavioral, and psychiatric issues
- Re-establishment of healthy living patterns
- Development of appropriate grooming habits, personal hygiene, and daily living skills.
- Development of social skills to enhance interpersonal relationships.
- Development of impulse control and positive self-expression.
- Development of effective coping mechanisms to deal with illness-related stressors.
If your loved one is suffering from a mental or behavioral health problem, at View Heights Convalescent Hospital, we offer beds in a safe and secure specialized facility. (Please be advised that our facility does not provide services for clients diagnosed with Alzheimers or dementia.)
View Heights Convalescent Hospital provides a level of nursing and medical care, including:
- Medical care and coordination of medical needs under the direction of our Medical Director
- State mandated levels of registered nursing (RN) and support nursing/aide care
- Skilled nursing care available 24 hours a day
- Medication administration and monitoring
- Individualized nutritional evaluation and counseling
- Group therapies sessions
- Provision of other allied health professionals, such as, physical, occupational, speech and recreational therapists, psychological and other therapies
- Provision of social services including discharge planning, case workers and social workers
We invite you to take a look at our facility and talk with our Admission Coordinator. Contact us to learn more about our services and how to make a placement. Go to Admissions/Forms