We are proud that our Special Treatment Program (STP) has been certified by the State Department of Mental Health for the provision of services for the chronically mentally ill and dually-diagnosed individuals.
The primary mission of our treatment team is for the restoration of adaptive levels of functioning, thereby enabling our clients to successful return to their communities and optimize their quality of life. The primary objectives of the Special Treatment Program include:
- Stabilization of medical, behavioral, and psychiatric issues
- Re-establishment of healthy living patterns
- Development of appropriate grooming habits, personal hygiene, and daily living skills.
- Development of social skills to enhance interpersonal relationships.
- Development of impulse control and positive self-expression.
- Development of effective coping mechanisms to deal with illness-related stressors.
We offer beds in a safe and secure specialized facility. (Please be advised that our facility does not provide services for clients diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or dementia.)
View Heights Convalescent Hospital is a licensed Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF). We provide state-mandated levels of nursing and medical care, including:
- Medical care and coordination of medical needs under the direction of our Medical Director
- State mandated levels of registered nursing (RN) and support nursing/aide care
- Skilled nursing care available 24 hours a day
- Medication administration and monitoring
- Individualized nutritional evaluation and counseling
- Group therapies sessions
- Provision of other allied health professionals, such as, physical, occupational, speech and recreational therapists, psychological and other therapies
- Provision of social services including discharge planning, case workers and social workers