Job Description: Activity Assistant
Reports to: Activities Director
The primary purpose of your job position is to assist in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of recreational, social, intellectual, emotional and spiritual programs, in accordance with the resident’s assessment and care plan, and as may be directed by your supervisors.
The Position requires staff to possess the following skills: crisis intervention, supervision/ monitoring of residents conduct, and capacity and tolerance in working with the mentally ill population.
High School Education/Diploma or have a Certified Nurse Assistant Certification.
- At least 1-year experience working with the mentally ill is desirable.
- A working knowledge of the mental health system is desirable.
- Coordinate activities with other departments as necessary.
- Assume the authority, responsibility, and accountability of Activity Assistant.
- Keep abreast of economic conditions/situations and recommend to the Activity Director adjustments in activity programs that assure the continued ability to provide daily activities.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining an ongoing quality assurance program for the activity department.
- Participate in facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies as necessary or as may be directed.
- Ensure that all charted activity progress notes are informative and descriptive of the services provided and indicate the resident’s response to the service.
- Perform administrative requirements, such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc., and submitting such to the Activity Director as required.
- Arrange transportation for field trips when necessary.
- Observe resident attendance, mood, behavior, and degree of involvement so that facility activities and resident progress are evaluated, by noting, reporting, and charting resident behavior.
- Assist in developing volunteer activity assignments.