View Heights Convalescent Hospital is a psychiatric and behavioral facility. On a daily basis, you will be caring for and attending to the needs of persons who have mental illness such as schizophrenia, depression, and bipolar disorders. Due to the special need of our patient population, we seek to hire qualified, caring individuals who will contribute to our goal to serve our residents with dignity and compassion.
Purpose of Your Job Position
The primary purpose of your job position is to provide each of your assigned residents with routine daily nursing care and services in accordance with the resident’s assessment and care plan, and as may be directed by your supervisors.
Duties and Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
- Perform all assigned tasks in accordance with our established policies and procedures as instructed by your supervisors.
- Cooperate with inter-departmental personnel, as well as other facility personnel to ensure that nursing services can be adequately maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
- Attend and participate in scheduled training and educational classes to maintain current certification as a Nursing Assistant.
- Attend and participate in scheduled orientation programs, activities and facility in-service training programs as instructed
- Participate in and receive the nursing report upon reporting for duty.
- Assisting residents with Activities of Daily Living such as bath functions, dental/ mouth care, grooming, shaving as directed.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the unit and shift.
- Serving meals during meal service and between meal and bedtime snacks.
- Record all entries on flow sheets, notes, charts, etc., in an informative and descriptive manner.
- Report all changes in the resident’s condition, incidents or accidents to the Nurse Supervisor/Charge Nurse as soon as practical.
- Assist residents with packing their personal possessions when they are being transferred to a new room, or when being discharged.
- Transport residents to new rooms or to the receiving area.
- Check rooms for food articles, and or contraband (i.e., food in proper container, unauthorized food items, etc.).
Must be a licensed Certified Nursing Assistant in accordance with laws of this state.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must be a supportive team member, contribute to and be an example of team work and team concept.
MUST pass pre-employment requirements i.e. background clearance, physical exam, TB Test and drug screening
Please fax resumes to 323-905-0989 or email to email@example.com