Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all food procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
- Others as deemed necessary and appropriate, or as may be directed.
- Serve meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Assist in serving meals as necessary and on a timely basis.
- Serve food in accordance with established portion control procedures.
- Assist in daily or scheduled cleaning duties, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Clean work tables, meat blocks, refrigerators/freezers, etc.
- Sweep and mop floors as directed.
- Wash and clean utensils as directed.
- Carry out garbage and keep work areas clean, dry and free of hazardous equipment, supplies, etc.
- Set up meal trays, food carts, dining room, etc., as instructed.
- Assist cook in preparing meals.
- Assist in checking diet trays before distribution.
- Deliver food carts, trays, etc., to designated areas.
- Serve food in dining room as instructed.
- Perform dishwashing/cleaning procedures. Assure that utensils, etc., are readily available for next meal.
Must possess, as a minimum, a high school Diploma.
None. On-the-job training provided.