View Heights Convalescent Hospital is a psychiatric and behavioral facility. On a daily basis, you will be caring for and attending to the needs of persons who have mental illness such as schizophrenia, depression, and bipolar disorders. Due to the special need of our patient population, we seek to hire qualified, caring individuals who will contribute to our goal to serve our residents with dignity and compassion.
Purpose of Your Job Position
The primary purpose of your job position is to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities of the facility during your tour of duty in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulation.
Duties and Responsibilities for this position include but not limited to:
- Complete and file required recordkeeping forms/charts upon the resident’s admission, transfer, and/or discharge.
- Encourage attending physicians to review treatment plans, record and sign their orders, progress notes, etc., in accordance with established policies.
- Receive telephone orders from physicians and record.
- Report all discrepancies noted concerning physician’s orders, diet change, charting error, etc
- Transcribe physician’s orders to resident charts, medication cards, treatment/care plans, as required.
- Prepare and administer medications as ordered by the physician.
- Verify the identity of the resident before administering the medication/treatment.
- Ensure that prescribed medication for one resident is not administered to another.
- Admit, transfer, and discharge residents as required.
- Chart nurses’ notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident, as well as the resident’s response to the care.
- Chart all reports of accidents/incidents involving residents. Follow established procedures. Submit to Director as required
- Fill out and complete transfer forms in accordance with established procedures.
- Participate in facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies as may be requested.
- Assist in planning the nursing services portion of the resident’s discharge plan as necessary.
Preferred 1 year experience working in an IMD, hospital or convalescent hospital.
New grads welcome.
- Specific Requirements
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active California license to practice as an RN in this state.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must be a supportive team member, contribute to and be an example of team work and team concept.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
Verifiable Employment References
MUST pass pre-employment requirements i.e. background clearance, physical exam, TB Test and drug screening
Please fax resumes to 323-905-0989 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org